Saturday 2 March 2013

George is right. It actually does what he claims it will do!

grill for your cook review on George Foreman GGR50B Indoor Outdoor

George Foreman GGR50B Indoor Outdoor

Of all the Foreman grill s I've seen and used (and I now own three of them), This grill cooks the most food at a time (even more than the Grande sized steel indoor/outdoor that's [money] more expensive), and in my 30 year old house, I've never had a power outage due to the grill . Those who have trouble with the Grill's electricity might want to look into the deeper problem they're having. It's NOT the grill .

Cooking times should be about the same as a gas grill . I cooked chicken, steak, shrimp, and veggie skewers for about 2 minutes a side (for 8 total minutes) per skewer. With the marinade I used, it tasted REALLY good. For steak, go 6 a side. Don't overcook your steak. Leave it Medium rare.

Chicken: 6 minutes a side. Just like steak. I'm talking about skinless, boneless breasts. I haven't tried drumsticks.

For steak, use salt, pepper, accent, garlic salt, and Montreal Steak seasoning on both sides of the cow. Don't use A1, don't use Worcestershire. I swear it'll taste a lot better than the 'burnt' flavor you get from steakhouses who think all it takes to cook a steak is setting it under a flame. Fire shouldn't be your only steak seasoning! And for those who think the Grill doesn't make the meat taste good...well no kidding! That's why you SEASON MEAT. You're cooking on METAL! HELLO!!!!

Washing this thing is a breeze, no matter how long you leave it sitting. I could leave the cooktop sitting for a week, and it'll still be easy to clean. It's easier to clean than the smaller Georges.

Some men tion having to turn the meat over when you cook on this grill . That's very true, but you should have to do the same on the smaller George grill s, even with the heating elemen t on the top. Even in smaller grill s, I ALWAYS turn the meat over halfway. That makes for even cooking. Don't be so lazy. All you have to do is turn meat. Nobody's asking you to cure cancer.

I still use the small Foreman (the family size) for cooking on thick steak at a time or about 3 or 4 chicken breasts. But when I'm cooking for several or if I'm cooking RIBS, I use this dome topped barbeque. It's totally Rockin'!

Get your George Foreman GGR50B Indoor Outdoor Now!

6 comments:

  1. Originally I saw my mother's George Forman grill (smaller indoor one with lid). Then I saw my brother's Party Size grill. Both of them love their grill. I was able to taste the food from both and found it very tasty and easy to use. I decided to do some investigating on my own intending to purchase the party size grill, when I saw the indoor/outdoor grill. I was impressed with the fact that it appeared to be a bigger cooking surface and the price I found was within reason. I purchased it for the purpose of using it as an extra grill for a cookout I was having. No one used the gas grill at all. I have since used it indoors without the stand, making it convient on rainy days. It is the easiest grill to use and clean that we have ever owned. You can cook everything evenly, because there are no coals to level out. It can easily hold 4 to 5 steaks, 10 big hamburgers, and the list goes one. I am sure there are some drawbacks to those that swear by gas/charcoal grills, but my gas grill has found a permanent residence in our shed, while George sits ready to use at any time indoors or out on our back porch. I am so impressed, that I am purchasing one for my parents for Christmas, to replace the charcoal grill that takes for ever to heat up and messy to clean. I'm sure they'll love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the Foreman grills I've seen and used (and I now own three of them), This grill cooks the most food at a time (even more than the Grande sized steel indoor/outdoor that's [money] more expensive), and in my 30 year old house, I've never had a power outage due to the grill. Those who have trouble with the Grill's electricity might want to look into the deeper problem they're having. It's NOT the grill.Cooking times should be about the same as a gas grill. I cooked chicken, steak, shrimp, and veggie skewers for about 2 minutes a side (for 8 total minutes) per skewer. With the marinade I used, it tasted REALLY good. For steak, go 6 a side. Don't overcook your steak. Leave it Medium rare.Chicken: 6 minutes a side. Just like steak. I'm talking about skinless, boneless breasts. I haven't tried drumsticks.For steak, use salt, pepper, accent, garlic salt, and Montreal Steak seasoning on both sides of the cow. Don't use A1, don't use Worcestershire. I swear it'll taste a lot better than the 'burnt' flavor you get from steakhouses who think all it takes to cook a steak is setting it under a flame. Fire shouldn't be your only steak seasoning! And for those who think the Grill doesn't make the meat taste good...well no kidding! That's why you SEASON MEAT. You're cooking on METAL! HELLO!!!!Washing this thing is a breeze, no matter how long you leave it sitting. I could leave the cooktop sitting for a week, and it'll still be easy to clean. It's easier to clean than the smaller Georges.Some mention having to turn the meat over when you cook on this grill. That's very true, but you should have to do the same on the smaller George grills, even with the heating element on the top. Even in smaller grills, I ALWAYS turn the meat over halfway. That makes for even cooking. Don't be so lazy. All you have to do is turn meat. Nobody's asking you to cure cancer.I still use the small Foreman (the family size) for cooking on thick steak at a time or about 3 or 4 chicken breasts. But when I'm cooking for several or if I'm cooking RIBS, I use this dome topped barbeque. It's totally Rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randall Rodriguez18 December 2012 at 08:32

    HAVE HAD THIS GRILL FOR SEVERAL WEEKS=WILL MAKE THIS SHORT AND SIMPLE=IT IS THE BEST GRILL I HAVE EVER USED AND I HAVE USED JUST ABOUT ALL OF THEM AT ONE TIME OR THE OTHER.EASY CLEAN UP. I ALWAYS LEAVE THE DOME ON THE GRILL AS IT MAKES EVERYTHING SO TENDER AS THE HEAT ROTATES AROUND THE DOME=HAVE DONE CHICKEN, STEAKS, RIBS AND THEY COME OUT PERFECT=I ONLY PAID 59.OO FOR MINE (YES, IT IS THE SAME GRILL THAT IS NOW PRICED AT 119.00}DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE BUT WOULD PAY THE HIGHER PRICE IF I HAD TO, AS THIS IS A WONDERFUL PRODUCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this grill 4 months ago and have used it several times per week ever since. I am a very lazy cook with 3 hungry teens and a hubby who eats like he's a heavyweight boxer. So, I needed something that would cook and clean-up as easily as possible. I can turn on the grill (it has an adjustable thermostat), take out a package of frozen chicken, hamburger patties, whatever, prepare it as usual, and the grill is ready to go to work. Dinner is on the table in no time. Its non-stick surface is just that, making clean-up simple and quick.
    I am quite happy with the surface area, as I can easily fit 8 large burgers on at once. I live in the frozen north, so the fact that this grill will also work indoors is plus.
    It's portable, reliable, easy to use and clean, and a bargain compared to other outdoor grills.
    George put his name on a very good product.
    Update: I have owned this grill for 2 1/2 years now and it still works like new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Impressive all around. This unit went together with no tools in less than 5 minutes. It cooks great, has adjustable heat setting, a nice long power cord, lid caddy and plenty of room for burgers, dogs, buns... whatever. Very easy to clean - the cooking grill (just rinse and wipe the non-stick surface) and grease trap (pop in the dishwasher) both lift out w/no snaps or screws.It's a KEEPER!!

    ReplyDelete